Seamly2D name change in progress

I agree. My educated guess is that it is a typo as 2D and 3D are common abbreviations for two or three dimensions or axes.

Yes its a typo. Will fix right away. You guys rock.

3 Likes

Currently Seamly2D already lags behind as far as the pattern file ver. A problem I can see - unlike most other programs - a change or addition of a feature will likely ripple throughout a pattern since many objects rely on previously created objects. Take away one dependent object and the pattern fails. It’s not like a word processing program where a TAB or BOLD feature in the file should stop you from from importing the text.

Schema files are already used to define the elements & validate the XML val, vit & vst files and label templates.

Does Lilypond work differently from Seamly2D? If no, they have converters for files. I don’t know whether a thing like this would help here?

Does Lilypond work differently from Seamly2D? If no, they have converters for files.

Mmm… A GUI-less processor of TeX-like markup for musical notation coming to aid a pattern design program?

There are GUIs, for Lilypond, just not from Lilypond :woman_shrugging: The idea was that Lilypond has some layout to do, I only don’t know how they realize it.