Arbeiten mit Punkten auf einem Bogen

@Douglas Um Punkte in bestimmten Längen auf einem Bogen zu platzieren, ist mir aufgefallen, dass es eigentlich nicht möglich ist Punkte auf dem Bogen herauszulesen

Der Kreisbogen A_2 legt die Taillenweite genau fest. Die Punkte A_1 und A_2 sind jeweils die Seitennaht. (3. und 4. Zeile)

Als Saum habe ich den Kreisbogen A_7. Diesen habe ich größer gemacht, weil ich mich in der Saumweite nicht festlegen wollte. (2. Zeile) Die Saumweite wollte ich mit Punkt A_5 und A_6 definieren. Dieser Punkt entsteht in dem ich vom halben Kreisbogen A_7 meine eigentlich gewollte Saumweite (hier 75 cm) halbiere und vom Kreisbogen A_7 abziehe (Zeile 5).

Als nächstes kommt Punkt 6. Dafür müsste ich eigentlich die Strecke Bogenanfang bis A_5 vom ganzen Bogen A_7 abziehen. Durch suchen habe ich herausgefunden, dass es sich um den Kreisbogen A_17 handelt. Man kann leider an den Strecken nicht erkennen, welche Strecken zu welchem Bogen gehören. Klicke ich den Punkt an, erfahre ich wie lang die Strecke ist und kann sie mir dann bei den Variablen herauslesen und weiß dann um welchen Kreisbogen es sich handelt. Führt zum Ziel ist aber umständlich

Wäre es nicht möglich, die einzelnen Bögen in direkten Bezug zu Kreisbogen A_7 zu stellen in dem man ihnen andere Namen gibt?

z.B. Kreisbogen A_7

1. Punkt auf dem Bogen = 1. Strecke A_7_1 und 2. Strecke A_7_2

2. Punkt auf dem Bogen = 1.Strecke A_7_3 und 2. Strecke A_7_4

3. Punkt auf dem Bogen = 1. Strecke A_7_4 und 2. Strecke A_7_5 usw.

2 Likes

I get what you’re thinking here, but let me explain first how the arcs (and splnes) are named. The Arc & Spl names are generated on the fly as the pattern is parsed. where Arcs get their base name from the Center point… For example in at attached pic - the 1st arc is centered on the Point A that I renamed Waist… so the base name is Arc_Waist. Then the tool id is appended… since it was the second tool the name is Arc_Waist_2. I then created a Point on Arc… which was the 4th tool (I deleted a second that was the 3rd tool) so you now get 2 segements by using the next 2 toolid’s;, thus the names Arc_Waist_5, and Arc_Waist_6. I then created a new Point from point Waist with 0 length (angle is irreleaevant) and named it Hem. The created a second arc which is then named Arc_Hem_12, and again created a Point on Arc, resulting in Arc_Hem_13 and Arc_Hem14, The 5 & 6,and 13 & 14 are important as that hows the the app internally tracks the segements as a tool / object. Those numbers have to be unique, and are created from the “next id” routine that tracks what the last tool / object id was. Also not that when you create an Arc, there is no named beginning or end points… so using that is not even an option in naming segments. Frankly I would of had the Arc tool(s) create the endpoints as well as the arc. But that’s a topic for future discussion.

The problem with changing the method in which Arc and Spl segments are named, is that it then breaks any existing formulas. Again the Arc & Spl names are created on the fly, while the formulas are stored in the pattern. So if a pattern creates an Arc named Arc_Waist_5 and Arc_Waist_6, and that’s used in a formula… and then in some future pattern ver we switched it to name something like Arc_Waist_Seg1 and Arc_Waist_Seg2… the pattern breaks . Would have to implement a pattern conversion, some arc versioning, OR simply not allowing older patterns to open, which would not be a good choice. Sadly there wasn’t much thought in the initial naming conventions.

That being said… I did discover a bug of sorts… not critical - just confusing. In the Arc dialog the Name field is enable to edit the name… which you can’t do. as I previous stated the arc names are created on the fly based on center point and tool id. If you try to edit the name it’s just ignored.

2 Likes

Das habe ich gemerkt, da ich dachte, wenn ich die Bögen anders benenne könnte ich sie besser unterscheiden. Das konnte ich aber nicht. In Zukunft werde ich sie gleich am Anfang umbenennen.

1 Like

Exactly. That’s why in my example I made a second center point at the same point so each arc would have a different base name.

Which actually brings up an idea… what does everyone think of having a “copy” point tool?

1 Like

was verstehst du unter “kopieren von Punkten”

2 Likes