Arc and AngleLine

Hallo, I got a problem with the arc construction. image image A1 = length 0 | A2 = length Arc | Drawing a line from A to A1 | Line from A to A2

I expected

AngleLine_A_A1 = 0 degree | AngleLine_A_A2 = 90 degree

unfortunately the result is

AngleLine_A_A1 = 0,190968 degree AngleLine_A_A2 = 89,809 degree

The difference did not sounds big. Unfortunately in some cases the inaccuracy is a size jump. Not handy.

Did i miss something or an idea to solve? Gr.

P.S: Sorry for the blood… layout.

2 Likes

Due to floating-point math, the point cannot be put on the very end of the arc or else it’s liable to fall off, (& that’s going to play merry havok with your patterns for sure.) So it’s best practice to make your arcs start & end at least a little beyond where they need to be. eg, have a first angle of -1, or 0-1 if the zero is important to your tracking of what you’re working with. (Personally, I’d go with -3, just for extra wiggle-room.)

:unicorn:

1 Like

.1 mm is not enough accuracy? That’s .04 or 4/100ths of an inch.

If if you need that kind of accuracy do like @Pneumarian suggested and make the arc bigger, and then using the Point - Intersect Curve and Axis, create your points A1 and A2 at 0 and 90 degs.

Screenshot 2024-10-19 170502

BTW… doing it this wayalso makes adding the lines A_A1 and A_A2 moot as the lengths are added as a variable when you add the points A1 and A2.

2 Likes

Actually for what ever reason… which I think we’ve been over this before - RT hardcoded it so that if you try to put the point at the start (length 0) or end (length of arc)… it puts it 1mm away? I have no idea why he did this as this has nothing to do with the fuzzy math.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I think I must have filed it under “Fuzzy understanding of fuzzy math” :shushing_face:

:unicorn:

1 Like