Call for slides for 'State of Libre Graphics' at LGM in Leipzig

IRoman if you wish I can create the slides & post them here for you to approve.---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: pippin@gimp.org Date: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM Subject: [CREATE] Call for slides for ‘State of Libre Graphics’ at LGM in Leipzig. To: create@lists.freedesktop.org

The first presentation event in this years LGM program is ‘state of Libre Graphics’ A common update for many of the projects across our Libre Graphics community. This frees up room in the schedule for deeper topics or fresh projects; while still giving us a chance to know what has been going on in various ongoing libre graphics related efforts; not only software projects, but also our various curation, publication and umbrella projects.

For each project we want a title slide and one, none or two content slides. The title slides should/could contain name of project, logo - and perhaps a brief tag-line for/description of the project. The content slides; would be about changes in the last year; as well as perhaps plans for the near future.

Many projects presenting as part of LGM should also submit slides; as a teaser or warm-up for the subsequent event.

Naming of files:

projectname-0.png (or .jpg) projectname-1.png projectname-2.png projectname.txt optional speaker notes, to make my powerpoint karaoke ad-lib’ing more relevant.

The graphics files should be 1024x768 - if they are not; they will be resized to fit. Feel free to bundle the files all in a tarball or zipfile, and send them as an attachment to pippin@gimp.org in an email with ‘State of Libre Graphics’ as subject.

For projects focused on video/animation; an up to 100second video/animation would be welcome instead of slides 1 and 2. If this option is taken, please upload the video somewhere and provide me a URL for fetching it.

Please submit content before the end of Sunday 23rd March; giving me a week before LGM to prepare the coordinated presentation.

/pippin CREATE mailing list CREATE@lists.freedesktop.org http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/create Roman

Slides updated & sent.---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Susan Spencer susan.spencer@gmail.com Date: Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM Subject: Re: [CREATE] Call for slides for ‘State of Libre Graphics’ at LGM in Leipzig. To: pippin@gimp.org

Hi Pippin,

Attached are slides for the Valentina project for inclusion in the ‘State of Libre Graphics’ presentation/

Thanks! Susan

Valentina_Status_Slides_Opening_Day_LGM_2.odp (40.8 KB)

Thanks, it will be great.On Wednesday, March 5, 2014 4:43:11 AM UTC+2, susan.spencer wrote:

IRoman if you wish I can create the slides & post them here for you to approve.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: <pip...@gimp.org <javascript:>> Date: Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 7:24 PM Subject: [CREATE] Call for slides for ‘State of Libre Graphics’ at LGM in Leipzig. To: cre...@lists.freedesktop.org <javascript:>

The first presentation event in this years LGM program is ‘state of Libre Graphics’ A common update for many of the projects across our Libre Graphics community. This frees up room in the schedule for deeper topics or fresh projects; while still giving us a chance to know what has been going on in various ongoing libre graphics related efforts; not only software projects, but also our various curation, publication and umbrella projects.

For each project we want a title slide and one, none or two content slides. The title slides should/could contain name of project, logo - and perhaps a brief tag-line for/description of the project. The content slides; would be about changes in the last year; as well as perhaps plans for the near future.

Many projects presenting as part of LGM should also submit slides; as a teaser or warm-up for the subsequent event.

Naming of files:

projectname-0.png (or .jpg) projectname-1.png projectname-2.png projectname.txt optional speaker notes, to make my powerpoint karaoke ad-lib’ing more relevant.

The graphics files should be 1024x768 - if they are not; they will be resized to fit. Feel free to bundle the files all in a tarball or zipfile, and send them as an attachment to pip...@gimp.org <javascript:>in an email with ‘State of Libre Graphics’ as subject.

For projects focused on video/animation; an up to 100second video/animation would be welcome instead of slides 1 and 2. If this option is taken, please upload the video somewhere and provide me a URL for fetching it.

Please submit content before the end of Sunday 23rd March; giving me a week before LGM to prepare the coordinated presentation.

/pippin

CREATE mailing list CRE...@lists.freedesktop.org <javascript:> CREATE Info Page Roman

Roman and everyone,

Since we are a new project, I created only 1 slide for the opening day Libre Graphics ‘State of the Graphics’ summary presentation.

Please find the slide attached If anyone has changes, suggestions or concerns please let me know. I’ll submit it tomorrow (Sunday March 23)

• S

Valentina_Status_Slides_Opening_Day_LGM.odp (44.1 KB)

Here are the final slides submitted for Pippin’s all-projects presentationFrom: Susan Spencer susan.spencer@gmail.com Date: Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 2:46 AM Subject: Re: [CREATE] Call for slides for ‘State of Libre Graphics’ at LGM in Leipzig. To: pippin@gimp.org

Here are 4 slides, including one summary/description slide and one example slide.

Thanks Pippin!

Done; though I’d also like to get a slide #0, which describes what the

project actually is about; perhaps with a graphic showing a pattern?

I"ll update the .png files with this info & resubmit to Pippin. They are for his presentation on opening day. He needed a short summary for each project.

We can update these slides for our 10 minute presentation:

1. Can you write a summary of how you started your project, and where you would like it to go? Which features would you like to add?

2. Can you create a diagram on the software architecture? Google docs has Lucid Charts (free).

We can plan to have about 5 minutes of presentation and leave a few minutes for answering questions. If our presentation is less than 10 minutes then this is good because some other presentations will take longer than 10 minutes.On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM, dismine dismine@gmail.com wrote:

Export pattern file formats - .pdf, .ps, .eps, .svg, .png

Translations - Ukrainian, Russian, Czech, German, English, Hebrew (Israel)

Maybe say about using Qt5 toolkit?

Is it enough for 10 minutes presentation?

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Valentina-project list” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to valentina-project-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to valentina-project-list@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/valentina-project-list. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Export pattern file formats – .pdf, .ps, .eps, .svg, .png

Translations – Ukrainian, Russian, Czech, German, English, Hebrew (Israel)

Pippin,

Here are two updated Valentina slides, 1024 x 768 .png. Can they replace the two Valentina slides that were submitted earlier this week?

Thanks! SusanOn Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Susan Spencer susan.spencer@gmail.comwrote:

I"ll update the .png files with this info & resubmit to Pippin. They are for his presentation on opening day. He needed a short summary for each project.

We can update these slides for our 10 minute presentation:

1. Can you write a summary of how you started your project, and where you would like it to go? Which features would you like to add?

2. Can you create a diagram on the software architecture? Google docs has Lucid Charts (free).

We can plan to have about 5 minutes of presentation and leave a few minutes for answering questions. If our presentation is less than 10 minutes then this is good because some other presentations will take longer than 10 minutes.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM, dismine dismine@gmail.com wrote:

Export pattern file formats - .pdf, .ps, .eps, .svg, .png

Translations - Ukrainian, Russian, Czech, German, English, Hebrew (Israel)

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Valentina-project list” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to valentina-project-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to valentina-project-list@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/valentina-project-list . For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Here is an update to the LGM opening day slide. It’s split into 2 slides for better organization.

Roman, your last name is now spelled correctly.

And can anyone tell me the ACTUAL NAMES for , , and ???

Valentina_Status_Slides_Opening_Day_LGM_2.odp (40.4 KB)