Can't delete curve or points

i can’t seem to delete any points or curves related to the pink curves. i’m sure it’s just a related point but i can’t find anything. aritzia sunday best bubble dress.sm2d (25.7 KB)

2 Likes

Have you deleted the pattern piece?

2 Likes

ugh! thank you for that. was going crazy.

1 Like

If you know how to read the xml pattern files, you can find which other tools are using a point. This is obvioulsy not an optimal way to do this. That’s why I have in the back of my mind a more comprehensive Object Manager were a user could easily search a given point to see what other tools may be using it. Obviously if any other tools are using a point, it can’t be deleted.

2 Likes

I also find that the Menu > History helps. And if you want to delete everything on a drawing board, you can select the start node and delete it and this will wipe the drawing board clean.

1 Like

Yup… helps in Draft mode, but it doesn’t show anything used in Piece mode. I wonder how hard it would be to add to the hover tooltip to show the point usage as well? Hmmm.

BTW @Grace… those hover tooltips are examples of HTML use like I was talking about in the meeting earlier. It’s why one needs to also know some HTML when dealing with the codebase.

2 Likes

Hmmm, it would be very helpful but a point may be used in 100 different places and multiple pattern pieces. Is it feasible?

1 Like

Yes… a point could be used in 100 diiferent places, but I’m pretty sure the pattern would be unusable. The screen would be a mess, and Idoubt the mouse would even move.

That said… no pun intended - point taken .:slight_smile: Since you can more or less see where any given point is used in Draft mode… maybe just show the pieces it’s used in? I know I’ve done that, where I forgot oh yeah, I used the point in that piece.

2 Likes

Maybe an item in the context Menu? Say, “Point/Spline Dependents” which opens a click-out dialog listing its dependents.

:unicorn:

1 Like

I could go for that. Technically easier to do as it would not require updating all the tooltips for each tool, but rather adding a single menu item and action.

2 Likes