Como dibujar dos o más tallas del mismo estilo

He rellenado el formato de multitallas porque necesito dibujar 3 tallas, he comprobado las medidas de cada talla con la barra de tallas y estas son correctas. Dibujé la talla base, M en mi caso, hice todo el procedimiento hasta exportarlo, imprimí el patron y confeccioné una prenda para saber si las medidas son las que necesito, y todo bien. Ahora necesito dibujar las otras tallas, pero no veo la barra de tallas para seleccionar la talla que necesito dibujar. Por favor ayúdeme gracias

2 Likes

Hello, @DroPeRoro

Está seguro de que ha creado un archivo de medidas múltiples y no uno individual?

Si ha creado un archivo de varias tallas, tendrá que utilizar números como talla base y tendrá que introducir los incrementos en los que tendrá que aumentar cada medida de una talla a la siguiente.

Si prefiere trabajar con archivos de medidas individuales, puede crear otros 2 para las demás tallas y cargarlos en el patrón cuando los necesite.

O puede crear un archivo de tallas múltiples en SeamlyME, importar las áreas de medición utilizadas en el patrón e introducir el valor de la talla base y los incrementos en cada una de ellas y, a continuación, cargar el archivo de tallas múltiples en Seamly2D. El selector de tallas aparecerá en cuanto cargue un archivo de tallas múltiples.

Are you sure that you created a multisize and not an individual measurement file?

If you created a multisize file, you would need to use numbers as the base size and you would need to enter increments that each measurement will need to increase by from one size to the next.

If you prefer to work with individual measurement files, you can create another 2 for the other sizes and load them into the pattern when you need them.

Or you can create a multisize file in SeamlyME, import the measurement areas used in the pattern and enter the value for the base size and increments into each of them, and then load the multisize file into Seamly2D. The size selector will appear as soon as you load a multisize file.

1 Like

Hey @Grace… it nevered occurred to me - can a pattern use an individual and a multisize measurement file?

1 Like

Hi @Douglas. Yes, as long as they use the same measurement codes that are used in the drafting of the pattern, you load either. This is why I use a multisize for drafting but then load an individual for a specific person, and why I say to create your multisize and use it to make a spreadsheet to record the measurements of an individual.

Ok. NOW I get it. An individaul file is basically a sert of static measurments, where as a multisize file can be the same set of mesurements , but with grade rules for how much each measurment is decremented / incremented from the base size. Correct? And that the included GOST vst just happens to be a Russian table for young (military?) mens. Where one of the issues being that the multisize measurments are hardcoded to use only metric… with the other issue being the grading range doesn’t go low enough - which I assume is all because it was not written to be robust, but rather to suit the GOST table?

1 Like

Yip! That’s it exactly.

There’s another problem with the “only metric” that we need to discuss.

Don’t throw the GOST system away… It’s pure magic. Like when you were making costumes for people… It’s very precise and takes into account the minute increments in length needed for people of the same ‘size’ but different height (tall/short). And… while we only have the measurements for men, there are also standards for women & children. So while we only work on one height (usually 170cm for women), GOST allows you to choose the height of the person and their bust circ to determine the size of the pattern to make for a specific person, without having to measure every aspect of that person.

Ok, so the USA work mostly in Imperial, so it’s difficult for them to create a multisize using metric. Also, they do their drafting in Imperial, so one should also be able to use a metric chart in an Imperial pattern & vice versa, where the program recognises what the measurement file uses and converts it into what the pattern is set to use - so there’s still a lot to discuss here.

Yip! Or even high enough - if you take trousers, sometimes they’re sized by the waist circ - 112cm just ain’t there :grin: So we need to think of a way to choose the sizes and the increment steps (2, 4, 6… or 1, 2, 3… or 160, 164, 168… (in the case of height)).

This is why I think that one should be able to choose the sizing in the measurement file (SeamlyME) and Seamly2D should limit the selection to those sizes.

I think it was written using the most used information at the time, but the program has now outgrown just making clothing for men & women of a certain size range and a certain region. :grin:

Oh… no need to throw it away… maybe make an inches ver of it.

Well that’s pretty much what the Master Designer for Men system does that I used. A draft is more or less based on chest, waist, and height for a jacket. That’s it. One’s height determines the nape to waist used according to a standard size chart. Of course you can adjust that if one’s nape to waist differs from the standard. The GOST just happens to be more granular as it’s incorporating the height adjustments in the table… where as if you’re just making a “proportional” draft - the arm depth for ex: is based on the chest size alone with no adjustment for height.

1 Like

Ok Guys, thank you very much for your comments and explanations. I already got it, but I have another question, can I put several sizes of the same style on the same layout sheet? Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Currently not in Seamly. My suggestion for now is to export the pieces in Piece mode to svg or dxf for each size, then import those into whatever Vector application you may use… CorelDraw, Ilustrator, Inkscape… and create a nest of the different sizes. You could then print or export to PDF from there.

3 Likes

Muchas gracias por su ayuda, usted me encendió el foco, mil gracias de nuevo. Rafael.

1 Like