Crash when trying to access the ‘Piece Tool’

I have been using ‘Seamly’ without problems until suddenly the following message appeared when I tried to access the ‘Piece’ tool: “Error processing: unexpected symbol “.8” found at position 1… The program will terminate.” Since then, both new and archived ‘Drafts’ have caused this problem when trying to create the pieces. Crash seamly2d

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but the problem persists. Could you please help me on this? Thks

2 Likes

It’s probably a corruption in the XML of your .val file. If you post the file up, I’ll be happy to try tracking the fault down for you.

:unicorn:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to Seamly2D, @JMP

Please check that your system hasn’t been changed to a , (comma) decimal separator. If it hasn’t then please let us know again with a pattern & measurement file and your operating system details, because @Douglas will be interested.

Thank you

1 Like

I changed the separator to a dot instead of a comma and now it works. thks a lot

2 Likes

Oh, wow! I’m so glad, and you’re very welcome. I thought this issue was sorted a while back, but it seems like not.

1 Like