Critical error: file exception

Hi there! I just started working in Seamly a while ago, and I’m running into a critical error where the element draftBlock isnt defined. The error message says: “Exception: Element draftBlock is not defined in this scope. Validation error file [file name] in line 3 column 30.”

I’ve opened the file in notepad (I didn’t edit anything, just wanted to see what was going on) and there doesn’t seem to be a blatant issue I can spot. I’d love to know if someone knows how to fix this error, the pattern I made isnt that complicated but it would still save me quite some work.

This is the file: dino 5.sm2d (18.9 KB)

Thanks for your help, Ava

1 Like

The order of the XML file got mixed up… which is important. A pattern is parsed in a particular order, and the fact the order was mixed up it’s throwing an exception.

I fixed the file… but note I had to remove the reference to the measurement file that was not used anywhere in the pattern file. In the future if a pattern uses measurements from a file, we need both files to be able to open the pattern. You can create a measurement file from a pattern, but all the values are zero, so you have to guess what they are.

I tried this, and this is why I know there were no measurements used, as the import was empty.

dino 5_fixed.sm2d (18.8 KB)

1 Like