Default Measurement Unit Not Actually Default!

I have my default measurement units set to inches. When I start a New draft it affirms that I really do want to use inches. So far, so good. If, on starting up, instead of clicking the New button, I click the “New Draft Block” button, it goes through the normal steps for that making a draft whose measurement units are cm.

I see two options for fixing this:

1. Disable “New Draft Block” until a draft is loaded.
  2. Make it so that it automatically uses the default measurement unit set in the preferences.
    1. Making the “New Draft Block” button function the same as the “New” button if there is no draft loaded would also work, but I assume that is too much trouble for so little gain.

Meanwhile, I’ll just be sure to click the proper button.

:unicorn:

1 Like

#1… easy fix.Since I have the form open anyways - I just unchecked the enable button in the mainwindow form… it must have inadvertantly got checked.

#2… also easy… not sure why the work flow was setup the way it is where the units are set from the File->New. It would be like every program I use asking me what language I want to use every time I start a new project. That’s what prefs are for.

Option #3… going back to a previous discussion - adding a splash screen that has a first time option that allows a first time user to configure basic settings like language or units.

3 Likes

@Pneumarian - Add an issue to github about this, thanks!!!

3 Likes

You can add the issue, but it will already be fixed when I push the changes for Issue #122.

2 Likes

Well we like to track what we do :smiley:

2 Likes

Got it, at Issue #408. I just posted the link to this topic instead of taking the time to re-describe it, since Douglas is already on it. I hope that’s okay.

1 Like

I assume in a PR you can note that it fixes multiple issues?

1 Like

I literally had the mainwindiw.ui form open in Creator… all I had to do was uncheck the enabled button for the new block toolbutton. :slight_smile: It’s not worth the time to create a whole new branch and PR just to fix one check box.

3 Likes

RIght, we can associate multiple issues to a single pull request.

1 Like