Drawing pattern sleeve for Bomberjacket (Müller & Sohn)

Hi, maybe you can give me some advice. Im strungling with my construction of the sleeve. I’m following the instructions of Müller & Sohn, but somehow there is a difference from approx 3 cm from frontsleeve noth to shoulder notch. As per instruction there should be no easy in the sleeve. I controlled the overall measurements of the armhole (front and back) and the sleeve. The lengths are nearly equal. I checked, the propotions of my drawings - I’ve overlayed the my drawing and the Müller & Sohn drawing. The drawings are nearly the same. Maybe the gap is normal? I don’t know.

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean, but there should always be between 1/2 - 3/4 inch ease on either side of the shoulder notch of the outer sleeve. How much depends on the fabric… a looser fabric will gather in more. If there’s no ease in a cap it will never fit and look correct. When drafting or grading a jacket, I would always check the run of the armhole and sleeve making sure the sleeve always had that 1- 1 1/2 inch extra.

1 Like

I see what you mean… The jacket is actually larger than the sleeve which won’t work at all.

Since it doesn’t seem that the problem is with the sleeve, I’d suggest looking at the jacket bodice. How do the front and back armholes compare to the sleeve cap? Does the back armhole measurements correspond? Did you make any adjustments to the armskye depth that you didn’t take into account on the sleeve?

Since the sleeve seems correct, I’d look at the bodice.

1 Like

Falls du die Anleitung von der Müller und Sohn Webseite hast: Unter den Dossiers gibt es einen Kommentarbereich. Du könntest diese Frage an Müller und Sohn direkt stellen, falls du keine Lösung findest.

If you have the instructions from the Müller and Sohn website: There is a comment section under the dossiers. You could ask Müller and Sohn directly if you can’t find a solution.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I’ll copy the translated instruction. That’s why I wrote that there shouldnt be any ease… “… This set of dimensions is designed in such a way that results in a slight minus measurement comparing the arm ball to the armhole. This is necessary if the armhole is to be topstitched. is to be stitched. …”

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion.I’ll double check that

1 Like

Danke für den Hinweis. Das wusste ich nicht. Habe meine Frage soben dort platziert

2 Likes

Die Antwort würde mich auch interessieren!

1 Like

Das Maß Kugelhöhe (Kgh) und das Maß Ärmelbreite (in der Zeichnung der Anleitung), wie werden die ermittelt bzw. festgelegt?

1 Like

Hast du die Kugelhöhe Kgh mit der Referenzlinie A32_A19 konstruiert? Die Linie bezieht sich auf den Schulterpunkt VOR Nahtverlegung wenn ich das richtig erkenne, evtl. verzerrt das deine Kgh im Ärmelschnitt (Maß B_B8 im Grundschnitt?)

2 Likes

Ich habe bei Müller & Sohn 2mal einen Kommentar erfasst. Der wird aber nicht angezeigt. Irgendwie scheine ich was falsch zu machen, oder die geben die Kommentare erst nach einem Review frei?

1 Like

As always. The problem siiting in front of the computer :wink: I didn’t catch on segment of my curve. Now I have a little ease and the measurements make sense again.

1 Like

Ich hatte die Maße alle nochmal kontrolliert. Ich habe es auch mit den STandardmaßen von Müller und Sohn versucht. Dabei kam auch eine leichte Mehrweite im Ärmel von ca 8mm zustande. Was ich nicht verstehe, warum in der Anleitung von Minusweite gesprochen wird. Die bekomme ich partout nicht hin :wink: Bei meinen Maßen bin ich jetzt bei einer Mehrweite von ca. 14mm (8mm im vorderen Bereich). Das klingt für mich jetzt soweit plausibel. Ich hatte vorher einen Teil der Kurve nicht in meiner Formel erfasst. Ist mir erst nach zigmaliger Nachrechnerei aufgefallen…

3 Likes

Ah… Very well done, @JCDesign, for trouble-shooting your pattern yourself. I normally have something, somewhere, on a pattern that I can check the differences at a glance, by hovering over a node, what the sleeve cap difference is.

With an 8mm difference, you could tweak one of the curve handles by 1 or 2° to eliminate it, however, I think the fabric can be eased in and it won’t be noticed over the distance of the curve.