Edit spline

is there a way to edit a curve/spline once created? meaning can i add or delete points?

2 Likes

I don’t think so, unless possibly by directly editing the XML (save as… first!) It is, however, possible to change points by right-clicking the spline, & using the property editor available that way. Of course, you can’t change to points which you placed after placing the spline originally.

Most of the time it shouldn’t be a big deal to re-draw the spline, though I can think of several experiment I’ve done which would make it very handy.

:unicorn:

1 Like

@emilyli

Probably easier and safer in the long run to just recreate the spline.

I assume you mean to be able to add / delete points in a spline? I thought there was already a Github issue for this, I checked and there isn’t. Feel free to add an issue if you like.

2 Likes

I’ve added it, I think the deleting idea is probably more workable than the adding. I included a note regarding why in my post on github.

:unicorn:

1 Like

TY. :slight_smile:

Yeah… deleting would be rather straight forward… I would do both attach a context menu to the point list table, and handle a key event when the Del key is pressed. And you’re probably correct, in that users might get frustrated with the fact they would not be able to add points created after the spline. None the less adding points would be a bit more work, but pretty straight forward… although a dropdown of available points could get rather large depending the comlexity of the pattern. Unfortunately the tool dialogs are non modal, otherwise the dialog could stay open and you could just select a point on the block.

Probably the hardest part would be adding undo commands. Also as a “spline” side note as I’m playing with the spline tool… I need to figure out how to display the control points in the Property Editor dock for Splines. It’s the last thing to do to make the Editor behave as close as possible to the dialogs.

2 Likes