French curve image

Would it be possible to have a rotation of the imported background image. I would use it to import a French curve image to use in making smooth curves and would be very useful as a feature.

3 Likes

Hi, Saphire

You can rotate the background image in the Image Options. However, the image capabilities will be worked on in future, as time allows, to improve the functions.

3 Likes

Thank you grace I know I can resize the image. does ithe rotation only do it in 90 degree increments. I will try that later when I have more time.

Hi @Saphire :wave:

You can enter whatever rotation value you want: image

:blush:

5 Likes

Thank you, I can have a play now with an image of a french curve.

2 Likes

This what I would like to use it for, it works well for checking curves but it is slow making adjustments.

3 Likes

Yes, perhaps keep screenshots of the settings that you used so that you can cut out most of the fiddling on future patterns? But yes, it is working very well. Thank you for the tip. :pray: :smile:

2 Likes

[quote=“Saphire, post:6, topic:9718”] This what I would like to use it for, it works well for checking curves but it is slow making adjustments. [/quote] by

This use was brought up in previous discussions of the (background) image import. Maybe this will give @Onetchou some ideas for future improvements to the image import, or a french curve tool?

Also keep in mind @Saphire, that while making a curve conform to the french curve image will work for this size, unless the the control points are formulized, the pattern will / may not adjust to other sizes correctly. If you’re only concerned with one size for say yourself, then it’s not an issue. I only say this as I can see it being even more tedious to formulize the CP’s while conforming to the curve image.

3 Likes

Thanks Douglas, I do understand the shape would have to change for different sizes, the patterns I am making are for my own wardrobe so it doesn’t matter. I love the fact that we can now import images as templates I have found them to be very useful especially for getting nice shaped even curves. The last time I messed about building programs for my kids was in the late eighties when there wasn’t many programs about, I have forgotten most of it now and to old to start again.

3 Likes

Understood. I’m sure the next improvement of being able to save images with a pattern will be invaluable in the way you’re using the images, as you won’t have to keep loading an image everytime you want to open and edit a pattern.

3 Likes