Hello New Friends!

I am David. We started a clothing company to help my wife who suffers from EMF sensitivities after cancer treatments. (radiation) I am autistic and learned how to sew to make her clothing so that she can go into the city. I have found that EMF fabrics also work wonders for Autistic people like myself, so I am trying to learn how to make custom clothing for the company that we just tried to start. www.farawear.ca I am looking to meet people that can help me use this software so I can make a blue jeans pattern, with some custom additions.

It is great to meet you all, and I look forward to make sewing conversations!

3 Likes

Hi @farawear, Send me your logo and I’ll put it on our website! We’re happy to help you with jeans patterns.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the Seamly forum, @farawear.

I love your initiative and would like to hear more about how the EMF fabrics are helping you and your wife.

We love to help, so please don’t hesitate to ask if you need help.

1 Like

Really!!?? Wow, thank you so much. This start-up has pressed our disabilities to their max. We need as much help as we can get here. Thank you so much. From 1 Empath to another, thank you! How do I send an image?

2 Likes

I think you need to be on the forum for a day or so before you’re able to have full use of the tools and you may be limited to a certian number of words in the 1st few texts, but at the top of the text box, there are a number of tools…

The one I’ve put a red square around is the one that you can upload images & files:

I’ve installed a small program on my laptop, called Lightshot, that I use to take screenshots & then I just copy & paste the image in the chat.

Thank you so much Grace. Feeling a little burnt out these days, just trying to learn new systems is a task! I am currently reading a pattern making book online and I will make sure to spend a few hours a day here, until I can figure this all out.

The best part is I’m 1000 percent passionate about this all!

2 Likes

Take your time and take it one step at a time. If you’re already reading the book, start making your measurements file in SeamlyMe (when you get to that section). And when you get to creating a pattern, normally the basic bodice, make it in Seamly2D. Each line of instruction… one at a time. That way, you’ll be reading and doing. It’s how I learnt pattern making.

1 Like

I am reading Patternmaking for Fashion Design, 5e on pearson+ (untill I find a hard copy!)

I will do exactly as you have instructed and will let you know how I progress. Thank you so much Grace. We are so so over our heads. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@faraway - high def image would be best :smiley:

1 Like

So glad you mentioned this little app before. It’s so handy to just be able to clip the screen and paste it in the forums here and elsewhere. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.