How to edit the pieces in Seamly?

Hi,

I can edit only the first two option sets making a piece in Seamly… I think so I need to edit the all later, now I just need to edit the seam allowance… These are not equal everywhere…

Many thanks, Sara

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Seamly2D forum, @SaraPittner

In Piece mode, you can right-click on any pattern piece to edit the seam allowances. Click on the Properties, select the Seam Allowance on the left, then you can edit the before and after SA for each node or set a default:

I’m don’t know what you mean here, so if you can elaborate a bit, perhaps I can help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello @Grace!

Thank you so much! It’s brilliant, I love this software!

I meant, when I push enter making a piece, only two option sets are editable. I didn’t try after to edit them.

Many thanks, Sara

2 Likes

Hi Sara…

You have to switch to the Piece Mode screen to be able to edit the Pattern Pieces. Click on the Piece mode button on the toolbar to switch.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 161607

You will now be in Piece mode where you can see all the pieces that were created in Draft mode.

From here you can as @Grace pointed out use the Right Mouse on any piece to select Properties to open the Pattern Piece Tool dialog to edit the properties.

BTW… there will also be displayed a list of Pieces in the Pattern Piece dock off to the right. You can also open the Pattern Piece Tool dialog by double clicking on any piece name in the list.

Clicking on any of the 1st 4 columns does this

Col 1 - Toggles whether the piece is to be included in a layout
Col 2 - Toggles whether the piece is locked from editing the properties
Col 3 - Opens the Color selector dialog 
Col 4 - Displays the "Letter" property of the piece, and also opens the Piece dialog. 

You can sort by any of the columns.

Hope this Helps.

2 Likes

Just to add to what @Douglas told you, yes, you can only edit the 2 options after selecting your lines for you pattern piece. Once you click on OK, you will be able to access your pattern piece in Piece mode where you will be able to edit everything.

1 Like