How to select point to move from

Is there a way to move a block and pick the point you are moving?

meaning if i want to move a particular corner to a particular point how do i select? it seems to pick a point for me but I can’t figure out how to change that point.

1 Like

You can move the base point, and it moves the whole block, but there is no way to move a block by any other point in a block to another point - assuming the other point is in another block.

There is the Move tool, which can create a copy of a group of points / curves, and move them to another place.

1 Like

yes. sorry meant the move tool. how do you pick the base point that you are moving from?

1 Like

If I understood coorect, you mean this? Afte you have selected the point you want to copy/move, move and rotate the new point by mouse. After that this window will open and you can choose your basepoint from which to move and define your rotation angle.

2 Likes

thank you. i didn’t have that window open until after i selected. i’ll try again.

1 Like

For example, how would i copy the curve at E15-E14 to point H17?

1 Like

draw a line from E14 to H17. The select the point E14, E15, (E16, E17) and press ENTER. Click and rotte with your mouse. Thant you can select point E14 from the drop down combobox, and chosse the length and angle from the line you drew beforehand. At least it’S the way I do it => works for me

2 Likes

got it. thanks!

1 Like

@emilyli

Note that if you’re not going to rotate the Move objects, it doesnt matter what origin point you select.

Should also be noted that if the idea is to move a group of objects so a source point matches some other point… you can’t be guaranteed they will match if you change sizes. My intent is to eventually add an option for a destination point, so you can move the objects, matching the origin point to the destination point. The length and angle would be automatically calculated, and the Move will adjust to changes in size.

3 Likes

That would be great

2 Likes

Hi Douglas, could you image to add a function to calculate the rotation angle, so one line will match a second line? I often use the move tool, to verify the the neckline. Bute to match the two shoulder lines is a bit tricky

2 Likes

It’s actually very easy. I place a line from the one shoulder tip to the other shoulder tip. I use this line as the distance and angle and the rotation is the angle of the one shoulder line minus the other.

2 Likes

Yes… I should correct myself. The idea would be - to be able to select the origin point (the point around which the Move rotates) and another point… so you could then use the Rotation to match the angle of say 2 seams.

2 Likes