Import JPEG, PNG and etc

Hello, I’m from Brazil and I’m starting to study Seamly. Do you have any way to import JPEG, PNG and etc for the software? Thanks.

2 Likes

Welcome to Seamly!

Unfortunately, no. Eventually it is planned to be able to import picture files as a sort of light-box, but the only way currently to do that involves recompiling the source code every time one wants a new background to use as a light-box. As I understand it other uses are even further down the pipeline.

:unicorn:

2 Likes

thanks for the answer. I would like to ask one more question: is there any tool similar to measuring the perimeter that you have in audaces? I don’t know how this tool is in English, but it works by measuring the length of a straight line or curve. I used it to measure if the sleeve was the same size as the armhole, for example.

2 Likes

By all means,

You can view the lengths of any curve by hovering your cursor over it. You can also view the distance from any point to its originating point in the same manner. If you want to know the distance between two unrelated points you will need to use the line tool to establish a relationship between them before hovering your cursor over the line for the measurement.

On a related note, when needing to compare the size of an armhole to a sleevecap, many of us like to make a line in an out of the way place which is the length of, for instance, spl_A_A3-spl_A19_A21 assuming the first one is the armhole, & the second is the sleevecap, then if the line goes in the set direction you can see that the armhole is that much bigger than the sleevecap, but if it goes the opposite way you know that the sleevecap is that much bigger than the armhole.

I hope that is all clear & helpful!

:unicorn:

2 Likes