Importing OBJ

Hi All,

Before I install Seamly, is it possible to import your own OBJ body scan and extract the measurements?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome, @holliebelle

No, at this point in time, it isn’t possible to import your own bodyscans. This is a feature that is still in discussion.

1 Like

HI @Holliebelle, Go to https://3DmeasureUp.ai. You can upload your OBJ and get your measurements in Seamly format! Let us know what you think about this feature!

Best, Sue

1 Like

Thanks Gracie. Can I put in my measurements and it will create a pattern block?

1 Like

Seamly2D is a pattern making software that can be used to create all sorts of patterns, very much in the same way that one would create patterns manually. Your measurements will go into a file and normally used during the pattern making process. Once your pattern has been created, you will be able to print your pattern and make your garment. If you wish to make the same garment for someone else, then you can create a measurements file for the other person using their measurements, load them into the same pattern and print the pattern according to their measurements, print them and make the garment.

I normally have a basic master pattern with a multisize measurement chart, that I edit and add things to that I use as a basis for all of my new pattern designs so that I don’t need to keep “recreating the wheel”. If you would like a master pattern, there is one for sale on the website.

2 Likes

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the recommendation, I’m already checking this out. I’ll buy the 50 credits as it’s just for myself.

1 Like

Quick, question, Can I move my shoulder points? I think they are too far out due to my pose.

1 Like

If you’re talking about the master pattern on Seamly, it will automatically adjust the shoulder length from the neck side according to the measurements that you upload. So if you upload your measurements, then your actual measurements will be loaded into the pattern. If you want to adjust your measurements on a permanent basis, then you can adjust them in the measurement chart.

1 Like

@holliebelle - If your pose is too straight, and it doesn’t reflect your normal posture, then you might want another scan.

I would not edit the measurement file, because you would need to also change outer sleeve length, inner sleeve length, and balance measurements.

Get another scan and put your arms into a capital A shape where your arms are at 4 o’clock and 8 o’clock positions and legs are 6 o’clock, and ignore any instructions to stand up straight.

You can get a scan from 3DLook.ai. They don’t have all the measurements you’ll need, so download the 3DLook .OBJ and upload it to 3DMeasureUp.ai, then download the measurements in Seamly format.

3DLook will have the additional measurements needed for made-to-measure clothing (many more than chest, waist, hips, height) completed by end of March.

2 Likes