Letting go lines curves

Hi im trying to start a simple shape. At 1st I realised that when you do the line for the sq reference you hit the enter key for it to let go of the line. I proceeded to start on the pattern piece but it wont let go. i restarted, now in straight line hitting enter wont help either please im going out of my mind, i have ME and 10 minutes trying seems like 8hr

thanks

irm

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to Seamly2D, @Irmy

I suspect that you’re using the wrong line tool.

:point_up: This one is for adding a line between 2 nodes.

:point_up: This one is to create a line from the start node, at a certain line and angle, to create a 2nd node.

Click on that icon and then on the start node. A tool tip appears at the bottom left of the drawing board. You can either hit Enter, or click at the place where you would like to place the node. If you hold the shift key, it will control the direct at intervals specified in your Preferences. I normally start by holding the shift key while going downwards so that the angle is at 270°, but you don’t need to worry too much, since once you click/enter, the following menu pops up where you can refine the placing of the node and the line type connecting the 2 nodes:

The F(x) is to enter a formula, normally a measurement area from the measurements in SeamlyME that you loaded into the pattern, or another line or curve length/angle. Otherwise, you can enter a value into the box.

I hope this helps. Otherwise, I’ll check in while if you are having further problems.

2 Likes

Thank you I will try that… Am out atm sewing or not sewing lol… Designing without my scarlet or paper… Another head banger lol… Am out all day tomorrow with sewing group so a few laughs and helping where we all can… I will let you know Tues or wed sometime :grin:

2 Likes