Math parser error

@Pneumarian,@csett86, @KeithFromCanada, @Douglas, @slspencer.

Hello everybody, I have a new problem with seamly 2 D on my Mac, after I did the latetest rekease yesterday. I started a construction, and whenever I had a value with a point like 29.5 cm a

the Math parser error occurs. I can continue but after the tenth Math parser error the program crashes.

Maybe there is a solution for this problem. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Fix a bug, unearth another! Thanks for your report. While the devs try to get this fixed, try rolling back to the 2023.09.18 release.

:unicorn:

1 Like

On a different thread where this error came up Douglas mentioned that he’s hopeful that this issue will be fixed in time for the 2023.10.09 Weekly release.

1 Like

PR has been merged.

Pre release:

3 Likes

yay!.. I should have more fully explored what was going on. There is also an error going on when non-alphanumeric symbols are used (±*/)

Code: 2 ( "Unexpected end of expression at position 4" )

…I’m getting the feeling that quantities of pasta might be involved here.

1 Like

Yeah… my bad. I’m actually the one that should have paid more atrention. I was trying to sort out which errors we’d want to report with a warning() dialog, and those that would only log debug()'s in debug mode. The math parser error thing is kinda of an anomoly… there’s a try & catch block in the parser token reader class that catches any error - which is where the warning() was located - and instead of exiting the dialog like you might normaly do, it gobbles the error up, and continues on until you fix the error in the formula. So it’s an “accpetable” error which has the built in handler, and one where we obviously don’t want a warning popping up.

So…I reverted that back to a debug(), as well as any other instances that I thought might cause the same sort of unnessecary pop ups. I merged the changes so the fix should be in tonights release…

2 Likes

Confirmation that it’s clear in the Weekly.

2 Likes