Me splash 2023.12.18.1711

The splash-screen is cute, but only seems to slow the loading process. At least on my Devuan Linux machine. 5-8 seconds after clicking through the banner, up from < 1 from run.

The first time, I thought that maybe it had failed to load. If there’s background stuff, (such as relating to the eventual start config idea,) that’s fine, I’ll adapt. Otherwise, it would be nice for Me to continue loading behind the splash.

:unicorn:

1 Like

I’m changing it in the next iteration. I’m going to add an option to not show again.

2 Likes

A new welcome dialog to address a bunch of issues. I will add a similar dialog for Seamly2D that will help a user set some of the basic prefs.

welcome

2 Likes

Made a change in the separator text… instead of the unclear “with OS options”, I changed it to “User locale”.

locale

Also changed it in the SeamlyMe prefs. You can also set whether to display the Welcome screen or not.

startup

2 Likes

Also fixed the New measurment dialog to use the Preferred units instead of defaulting to centimeteres.

units

2 Likes

I should note that if you select multisize, it will then limit your selection to centimeters as that’s the only units that work with multisize at the moment.

2 Likes