New file extensions!

WE HAVE NEW FILE EXTENSIONS!!! :tada:
.SM2D - replaces .val :sparkler:
.SMIS - replaces .vit :sparkler:
.SMMS - replaces .vst :sparkler:
Don’t worry, your Seamly2D .val & .vit files will automatically be saved to the new extension. This means we can move ahead with many more improvements!

3 Likes

They come with new Icons…

extensions_all

2 Likes

Hi there, would that be why I can’t download the seamly2d software from Our Software – Seamly

1 Like

No. Not even sure where there link came from.

Just use the “Download” link at the top of the forums.

1 Like

Not exactly. New files will, but old files continue to save with their existing extension, even ones that need updated to the current schema. ‘Save As…’ does use the updated extension though.

I’m so sorry, @SandraB. I see that the actual download links seem to have been lost on the website. I will bring it to the attention of the people who manage the website. Thank you for letting us know.

In the meantime. you may download the latest software here. I’m so sorry for the inconvenience.

We rolled out a website update on Monday.

The Download problem has been fixed but you have to clear your cache.

GoDaddy is making us buy another product so we can manually clear the server cache after each site update. I’m currently in chat for over 1 hour to add the new product ‘Website Security’ so we can clear our pages from their Firewall’s cache. This should just happen automatically but then they couldn’t get an additional $350 out of us, right?

1 Like

Yay they just updated the price, it’s $95.88.

1 Like

Or one can always download the latest as well as previous releases or a PR artifact if you relly can’t wait - on Github.

1 Like

Hey folks… speaking of the new file extensions - awhile back I was thinnig of converting the example patterns in the repo to the new exentions, but I figure this is something that others can do so I can focus on code related issues. It’s really just a matter of opening and re-saving the measurements then the patterns with the new extensions. I’d really like

If anyone wants to help - the patterns / measurements can be found at the repo at:

2 Likes

Is this also why I can’t access the wiki without getting a Not Secure privacy error?

1 Like

Was wäre da zu tun?

1 Like

Just download the patterns / measurement in the share/collection folder, open any measuremnt files in ME and Save As with the new ext(s), then open pattern files in 2D and do a Save As int with the new ext. Then you could send me the updated patterns and measurement, and I can handle uploading and merging them back into the repo. You could Zip multiple files together and just attach in a PM. Unless, one is familiar with Git & Github, forking the project, updating the pattern files and making a Pull

Oh… BTW everyone… Susan updated the accepted file ext’s for attachment, so we can attach sm2d, smis, and smms (as well as ts) files on the forums.

3 Likes

Just to note… I was just going to rename the extensions, but then realized any measurement file needs to be renamed within any pattern file, at which point I then thought it’s probably just best to just open / save as which will also update the pattern ver and make it quicker to load some of the really old patterns…

1 Like

Kann ich die irgendwie auf einen anderen Weg dir schicken? Ich kann die Datei in Seamly öffnen, aber hier nicht herunterladen. Wollte eigentlich Fragen, ob das so funktioniert?

Wenn ja, kann ich das gerne übernehmen.

1 Like

@Douglas kannst du mir sagen, ob es so funktioniert und wenn ja, wie es zu dir kommt?

1 Like

Hmmm. I was in a zoom meeting with Susan while she was supposedly adding the new file extensions.

Again… if sending more than 1 file you could always “zip” copress them… while I figure out adding the extensions.

1 Like

ich kann die Datei aber nicht hochladen. Wo soll ich sie hinschicken?

1 Like