One-Peice Trouser Legs [Solved]

I’ve drawn a pattern piece for a pajama trouser leg (I’m pretty new to sewing, so I thought I’d go low-stakes with pajamas). The topside and underside are drawn on top of one another; however, the instructions say that they are usually cut as one piece.

I’m guessing that I would do this in the Design window with the “Union” tool. However, the pieces are facing the same way. I tried mirroring one side, putting that into the design window, and then doing a union; however, I couldn’t select A0 for both sides (top and underside).

How should I go about doing a union on something like this?

2 Likes

I just did the same for a pair of leggings. I think you can do it many ways, I chose to mirror half of the trouser in draw mode, so I could make my detail as the whole piece in one go.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense, re:Single detail input.

However, I’m having a hard time getting the result I’m looking for using “Flipping Objects by Line”. I’ll select the topside, starting at A0. Once I’m done selecting, it tells me to pick the line to flip on. When I select A0, it says “Select the first Point That is not a part of the list objects”. That lead me to believe that I can’t flip along a line that is part of what I want to flip.

I was able to flip object by Axis, but then they aren’t joined at top and bottom (and I couldn’t union them since they shared a common point- A0).

1 Like

Ah, I see. I don’t need to flip A0-A18, as they are shared between the two sides (there is no need to duplicate them).

2 Likes

I am glad it worked out!

1 Like