Pin hole at dart point

For the bodice, you can mirror the part (that goes on the fold) in Draft Mode and select the whole piece (without a fold) for cutting. For the skirt, I would add a 2cm seam allowance to the fold with an internal path that doesn’t get cut, or notches at top & bottom of the fold and line this up to the folded fabric, then the lazor won’t cut on the fold. You can, perhaps put a piece of scrap fabric in the seam allowance area, if you need something there.

Not an ideal solution, but a bit of a quick-fix while we think of other alternatives. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This idea seems feasible. I’ll give it a try and see . Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Same thing with a flatbed knife cutter. Before a fire destroyed my business, we use to cut applique work from assorted materials at my shop. We could place the material anywhere on the bed, just had to set the origin point. Which of course would be trickier if you have to align a fold line exactly.

3 Likes

Again, provided the open piece is not bigger than max width of the cutter. A bodice may not be a problem, but a period skirt back section can easily be 60" wide at the hem. In fact in large scale production work a spread is most likely going to be open layer and never on the fold… but then those systems can cut up to 72" wide.

2 Likes