Point on Spline and Point Intersect Arc and Line cannot change color

as the title, I’m able to usually change the color of a point but if the point is created with these two tools there is no option in the properties.

1 Like

Yes, this is because the color is usually applied when you create the arc or spline, and only applies to the line and not the actual node/point.

Points don’t have color. Lines, arcs, and curves have color. If it’s Point On Curves / Splines or Intersect tool there will be no color option as the tool is only creating a point.

That being said, while checking the Point - Intersect Arc and Line tool I did notice it does not draw a persistent visualization.

2 Likes

I see, I was expecting to be able to change the point name itself. Like in the screenshot

point A01 has no pen but the name itself is violet.

Anyway now I know this is expected .

1 Like

When you have the Use Tool Color toggled on, pen_color@2x

then the tools that have a color, the point name will display as the tool color, otherwise they display as the default Point Color. Which you can set in the Applications Preferences->Graphics->Colors. The Point on Curve / Spline and Intersect points only use the default color or Black if Using Tool Color. .

colors

While it would be possible to add color to those point tools, it’s a lot of work to update all the dialogs, tools, visuals, Property Editor, Pattern parser, scene point GraphicsItem, updating the XML schema, adding a conversion routine, and probably somethings I’m not thinking of at the momment.

And just a note… Currently you can’t add color to Operational tool points - which is even more difficult to implement than the other point tool, and explaining why is beyond the scope of this topic. They also display in the default color.

2 Likes

thanks for the explanation, I actually always leave Use Tool Color on, it helps me to differentiate between different type of point: Points belonging to the seam line, points just used for construction, etc.

this might be a use case for Groups (ex auxiliary point group)

1 Like