Point to line — Bunka shoulder dart

Hello! Newbie here. I’m working on a Bunka bodice, but am struggling trying to complete the shoulder dart. The instructions want you to square a line from point N vertical to line B1>E1. Then, from that new point (let’s call it J1), you must put another point (K1) 1.5cm toward E1.

If I could figure out how to place J1, I know how to place K1. But I can’t figure out how to place a point vertically from N to the B1>E1 line. Can anyone help? Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi @sewbusty, welcome to Seamly!

I understand you to be saying that you’re wanting a point at a 90° angle in relation to Line_K_L, with N as the base point.

If so, the Intersect Line & Axis tool is a good choice: Screenshot_2024-08-15_15-49-55

(I just 'capped this for a different project a couple minutes ago, lol)

Take B1 & E1 as the points along the line, then N as the Axis point & if you hold shift while going straight up, it should land right on 90°.

However if I misunderstood, & you’re needing the point to be where a square held against B1_E1 & N would land, you’ll want to use the Intersect Line & Perpendicular tool, (to the left of the Line & Axis tool just shown.) For this one, you’d start with N, & then your line points.

I hope this is makes it clear! Happy drafting!

:unicorn:

2 Likes

This is perfect! Thank you!

2 Likes