Problème avec la dernière version

Hello, I was working under Ubuntu with a version from May that worked perfectly.

Today the version of July 15, 2024 has been downloaded and I can no longer load my old patterns or create new ones because seamly2d refuses to write on all the media that I offer it. It sends me back the message: No such file or directory. What can I do?

Thanks to the developers for their help

2 Likes

hmm, that’s no good! Using the AppImage on Devuan with an Xfce face, Seamly2D (2024.07.15) is behaving normally for me.

Just a minute, I’ll edit in how it works on my Ubuntu box…

Sorry, on Ubuntu 20 Seamly appears to be handling files just fine as well.

Is there something else you upgraded about your system at the same time? I even tried my Devuan box using Seamly in French, in case it was one of the odd language related errors.

:unicorn:

1 Like

Can you post a screencap of the error message?

Also check the file paths in the Preferences and make sure there’s a valid path to My Backups…The backups folder is a new addition. It’s to make it easier to manage all the backups where they are written to one folder instead of the pattern & measurements folders.

1 Like

Thanks to Douglas and Pneumarian for your response.

Regarding the idea given by Douglas, I redirect the Backups to a directory where there is probably no access problem and th Capture d’écran_2024-07-16_20-44-56 at does not work.

I downloaded the same version compiled on the same day but in AppImage.

It works correctly but I get a recurring error message that is very difficult to eliminate that I have had with the AppImage since 2023 when I validate a calculation.

2 Likes

Thanks to Douglas and Pneumarian for your response.

Regarding the idea given by Douglas, I redirect the Backups to a directory where there is probably no access problem and that does not work.

I downloaded the same version compiled on the same day but in AppImage.

It works correctly but I get a recurring error message that is very difficult to eliminate that I have had with the AppImage since 2023 when I validate a calculation.

Capture d’écran_2024-07-16_20-44-56

1 Like

If I remember correctly, the error you have pictured is in the current Qt implementation, & we’re hoping it goes away when Seamly gets upgraded to Qt6. Meanwhile you just have to click OK until it stops coming back. It isn’t even very consistent in my experience. There may be a build command to prevent it, but my slight experimenting has not resulted in success.

1 Like

Apparently as per some old posts, an error that’s been popping up for 4 years. :frowning:

It looks like it might be a linux appimage build issue, where XCB is a platform plugin for Qt to run against X11. Being a Linux thing, it’s outside my expertise.

1 Like

Finally, with the Snap or Flatpak version I also have this error (see image) but it only takes one click to get rid of it.

Capture d’écran_2024-07-17_13-54-30

1 Like

This is a different issue than the XCB lib errors. This is just a warning dialog saying that the app can not get a lock for the log file. This is not a critical error, so clciking the warning just lets you continue. In this case instead of error messages going to the log file, they’re redirected to the console output… assuming the app was run from the command line or within Qt Creator.

That being said… I’m not quite sure what the issue here is, as for with the Linux builds the Seamly2DTeam folder is also where the preference setting files are located - so if you were not able to read and write those - the apps would throw an assert and stop running. Only thing I can think of is check in the Seamly2DTeam folder and delete any *.log files. If there’s an existing log file of the same name, the app can’t get a lock.

2 Likes

@Riton You could try these commands in your terminal before running Seamly:

export QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1
export QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1
export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0

I’d say they’ve seemed to work for me around half the time, but there’s obviously some element I’m not aware of that leaves me still getting the error half the time. They should only need entered once every session.

I found them here: Virtualbox wont start QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow) - Super User

2 Likes

Hey @Pneumarian

I’m putting your information about this on the dev discussions on GitHub.
Or If you’d rather do it, let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes