QTextCursor Error appears before I even do anything

This has got to be a bug. I literally JUST downloaded the software and have never used it and never done anything in it at all. I was following a tutorial for how to add a measurement from SeamlyMe so it would let me do anything at all, and when it came time to replace “0” with a number for my bust circumference (the measurement I chose to use for the tutorial) clicking inside the textbox to type produces the attached error message.

QTextCursor::setPosition: Position ‘2’ out of range

It appears no matter what I do. I can’t get rid of it. I X out of it, I click okay, it keeps coming back. I didn’t even type anything in the box. It seems like the developers should not have set zero as the default value when a value of zero is considered out of range (since no human can have a measurement of zero) because then it produces this error immediately upon trying to take any action and then you can’t proceed because the error is stopping you. I hope this gets the attention of the developers because this definitely looks like a bug to me, and not related to something I did wrong.

One time I got it to close and then tried to type something else and it said

QTextCursor::setPosition: Position ‘3’ out of range

and then I fixed that, and then…

QTextCursor::setPosition: Position ‘4’ out of range

It never stops! You have to fix this so people can use your software.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s nothing wrong with the app. The reported error means there’s an error reading what at the current text… that is, the cursor position.

You need to set in the prefs whether you’re using the comma instead of a period for decimal numbers. I’m on my phone, otherwise I’d post a screecap to show the setting. Switch the setting, and the error will go away. If not, let me know.

1 Like

If this is the issue, it’s just another reason why we’re hoping to eventually have an initial-start preferences wizard/dialog thingamabob!

Installing the latest build in Linux, but not hiding my config file, I do not have this issue.

:unicorn:

1 Like

Exactly. I have to refresh my brain on how the default is set… not sure if this is something where the default can be set based on locale- or maybe it already is? Also since the error apparently is being thrown in QTextCursor, I can’t provide a better message like “Check the period preference”. Or maybe I could Catch the error before QTextCursor gets it?

I believe it’s an OS and Locale issue… where if you’re in a Locale that uses the comma for the decimal point, you need to set the pref to use the comma. Again though, maybe I can eliminate the need to initialize the setting.

2 Likes