Travailler sur Seamly dans le cloud

Bonjour tout le monde !

J’aurais besoin de travailler sur des fichiers qui doivent être accessibles à d’autres personnes, nous les stockons donc sur one Drive. Je voudrais savoir s’il existe un risque de bug ou autre en travaillant directement sur les fichiers du cloud, ou s’il vaut toujours mieux se mettre sur des copies locales ?

Merci d’avance pour votre réponse, bonne journée !

1 Like

Bienvenue!

DeepL Fr: Les fichiers de patrons et de mesures sont de simples scripts XML, il ne devrait donc pas y avoir de problèmes tant qu’un seul endroit y accède à la fois pendant qu’ils sont en train d’être rédigés. Cependant, Seamly n’est pas optimisé pour le cloud pour le moment, bien que @MrDoo maintienne https://my-pattern.cloud comme un moyen pratique de partager et d’éditer des patrons.

En orig.: The pattern & measurement files are just simple XML scripting, so there shouldn’t be any problems as long as only one location is accessing them at a time while they are being drafted. However, Seamly is not optimized for the cloud at this time, though @MrDoo does maintain https://my-pattern.cloud as a convenient way to share & edit patterns.

:unicorn:

1 Like

Welcome @Noemie,

Just to add to what @Pneumarian already said. There is no issue in sharing pattern and measurerment files. If you plan on having multiple users writing to the same file(s), you just have to make sure that only one user is working on a file at time. Seamly does use an internal locking mechanism on files, and will notify a user that a file is already open, but does not prevent a user from opening another copy. Only thing I’m not sure is how this would work on a cloud service. What I suggest is open a pattern file from your cloud, then try to open it again. If you get the warning, then at least you know that it should work amongst other users. With the understanding with all users that they should not open a file thata is already open.

Also something else to consider is what the minimum version of the app to use. Since we’re still developing the app, it’s likely the schema can change at any time. That is, if someone saves a pattern with the newest Seamly2D with new features, other users with older versions may not be able to open the file. Since it doesn’t take that long to do so, I generally recomend users update when new versions are out as we’re always making bug fixes and adding new features.

2 Likes

If you are interested, there is an overview of my-pattern.cloud - https://youtu.be/altEeU-BuuA

2 Likes

Merci pour vos réponses !

Je rencontre néanmoins un premier problème : à chaque fois que j’ouvre un fichier Seamly dans One Drive, une copie est automatiquement créée, avec le suffixe “v062”. ça n’arrive qu’avec les fichiers Seamly, y’a-t-il à votre avis un paramètre à modifier dans le logiciel pour éviter cela, ou est-ce un bug ?

Merci encore ! Bonne journée

1 Like

I usually get that when I’m opening a file with a newer version of Seamly than it was last saved with. I think that the reason is to have a backup in case the newer version of Seamly introduces bugs which make it unusable, but which you don’t notice before saving.

J’obtiens généralement ce résultat lorsque j’ouvre un fichier avec une version de Seamly plus récente que celle avec laquelle il a été sauvegardé pour la dernière fois. Je pense que la raison est d’avoir une sauvegarde au cas où la nouvelle version de Seamly introduirait des bogues qui la rendraient inutilisable, mais que vous n’auriez pas remarqués avant de l’enregistrer.

:unicorn:

1 Like

C’était bien ça, merci beaucoup !

2 Likes

Like @Pneumarian said, a backup copy is only made when you open an older pattern version with a newer version of Seamly2D. The suffix indcates the version the pattern was originally saved in. This is something that can not be changed. I will also note that if you open an older pattern, if you then attempt to save it, you will be notified that you will be saving as a newer version. The backup will still remain.

2 Likes