Using line length/curve length in variables table

Hi there, Is there any way to do this? I’m currently following a draft that requires measuring the arm syce front and back and then using this measurement to calculate the sleeve cap etc. I was hoping to create a variable such as #frontarmhole and look up the spline curves measurement for that variable. I could then use that in the further calculations. But… it’s there for the first time then returns a zero after that… Many Thanks, Alex

2 Likes

Hello & welcome, @AlLegrand

One way to do this is to put the formula into the pattern and not into the Variables, since the Variables are listed before the pattern, so it will revert to 0 as soon as you exit.

I normally use the armhole curve measurement to determine the sleeve cap height & width and then compare the 2 curves to see that the sleeve cap is within the 2.5cm larger ease norms.

1 Like

As an example of @Grace’s suggestion, put a point coming straight up from the armhole with a name of frontarmhole & a formula of whatever the name of the front armhole curve is. Then you can easily look up its length in the variables chart, or in the formula dialog by typing that you want to see lines with frontarmhole as part of their appellation.

:unicorn:

1 Like

Thanks both. Appreciated. I had thought this was the case but wanted to be sure. Ta A

2 Likes