Warnung beim Anklicken eines Punktes

Ich habe einen fertigen Schnitt und wollte ihn in einer anderen Größe ausdrucken und vorher noch einmal kontrollieren, ob alle Änderungen gemacht wurden. Dabei kam folgendes Problem zu Tage: Bei Anklicken des Punktes A92 kam folgende Meldung:

Klickt man auf OK passiert das:

Der Startpunkt ist nicht hinterlegt. Anders als beim Move Tool ( ich habe das schon einmal erwähnt) bekomme ich auch keine Auswahl an Punkten. Die Länge des Punktes ist 44cm. Aus Spaß habe ich das Maß geändert und wollte schauen was passiert:

image Das Maß konnte ganz normal geändert werden und danach war auch der Startpunkt vorhanden - verstehe da einer die Computer :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: Man kann jetzt auch den Startpunkt verlegen und bekommt Punkte zur Auswahl:

2 Likes

Yes, that changing of points to start from has always been there, even for other tools, but the points need to be made prior to that point that you are working on.

I had a similar warning yesterday when I was playing on an old pattern to get the node on the edge of the armhole curve for that other post that you mentioned, I also fiddled a little and the node became available. I didn’t say anything because it was a very old pattern, I couldn’t recreate the error & I didn’t save it after the error.

I think you should send your pattern to @Douglas to have a look at. Perhaps he will be able to find out what’s happening.

1 Like

Das ist aber ein ganz neues Muster. Ich weiß, dass man die Startpunkte verändern kann, indem man in der Liste einen andern Punkt nimmt. @Douglas werde ich die Datei geben. Scholli_Kaputze.val (127,4 KB)

2 Likes

Got it. I will take a look. BTW… you will probably like this weeks build. The German translations have been updated about 92% by word count or 99.98% by source count. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have none of those issues. I click on A92 and it’s fine. ??

1 Like

Yes, exactly what happened to me. I could see the point, I could edit the point but when I wanted to click on it with a tool, it gave a warning that there is no such point. After opening the options of the tool and editing it, the warning didn’t come back again for me to report.

Is it not perhaps the point label name length? The point that I got the error on was also a long label name.

1 Like

You mean point A92? And if you try and use it in another tool?

I just tried using point A92 in a tool, and had no problem?

A92

2 Likes

I don’t think so… it’s a string so there’s really no limit to the char length. Could be that it’s edited and not the “next point” (block letter + next id).

Although I have suspicions that it may have more to do with the point being a Move, Rotation, or Mirror point.

Update: I just checked and have ruled out whether it due to using a translation language.

1 Like

Die Warnung kommt beim ersten Anklicken. Drückt man auf O.K. kann man normal weiter arbeiten. Gerade habe ich es wieder geöffnet und es funktioniert - das kann doch nicht sein, oder bin ich so doof?

1 Like

A92 ist ein ganz normal gesetzter Punkt.

1 Like

It could just be an edge case that’s not readily apparent.

Which could be the reason why it’s coming up in the Properties editor as unknown. Most tools are a single point, where the toolId is the same as the objectId… where the operational tools can have 1 toolId with multiple objectId’s. And to get a point the Properties editor has to parse deeper into the pattern doc… so there may be a case that I missed.

2 Likes

Nach dem Update ist der Fehler nicht mehr aufgetreten.

1 Like

So do you mean with updating to this weeks build? If so, that’s odd, as it’s mostly translations related. Can’t think I what I woul dhave changed that would have resolved the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ja, nach dem Update in dieser Woche :+1:

2 Likes

Good as long as it’s working correctly for you, then I don’t have to worry about fixing a bug. :slight_smile:

3 Likes