Warnung nach Update

Kann es daran liegen, dass es zu viel Seiten waren? Der ganze Schnitt umfasste 60 Seiten. Ich konnte mir helfen, dass ich den Schnitt als PDF exportiert und abgespeichert habe. Danach konnte ich dann das PDF ausdrucken.

1 Like

I’m glad you managed to get your pattern printed. It shouldn’t make a difference. The only thing that would make a difference is if the printer was off at the time of trying to print. But then… I always make a PDF and then print it. I don’t think I’ve ever tried to print directly from Seamly.

Perhaps @Douglas can check this out.

No. That shouldn’t have any effect to cause that error. The critical error occured when trying to set which printer the app should use when either print viewing OR creating a layout.

Of course I’d like to figure out what produced yoyr error, but after briefly looking at the code I’m more interested in why the original dev is using a critical error. Not finding a printer is not a critical error… annoying maybe, but not critical.

In theory, throwing a critical error would be to catch bugs, not warn that some function can not be performed because of a missing printer or an error in data entry.

1 Like

Like I said, I have a fix for the logging issue… once I have my internet fixed I can push the changes. I probably need a new cable line, and need to schedule a time for the cable guy to come out.

1 Like

2023-014-Dächert, Jacke_von Birka.val (296,9 KB)

wenn es blöd läuft, dann richtig. Kannst d mir hier jemand weiter helfen?

1 Like

Hi @Scholli

I deleted the pattern piece called Seitenteil, which seems to be the culprit of this very scary error. I hope that @Douglas will have his internet back soon so that he can see why these errors are happening.

Here is your file back minus the pattern piece:

2023-014-Dächert, Jacke_von Birka a.val (296.9 KB)

Perhaps you can try creating it again? Perhaps it will work next time.

Grace, Sie sind unbezahlbar - vielen Dank :heart_eyes: das, was jetzt fehlt kann ich leicht wieder aufbauen. Gerade ist mir wieder klar geworden, dass man eigentlich viel mehr Zwischenschritte in eigenen Dateien abspeichern muss, damit man nicht wieder bei fast null landet. Jedoch bin ich immer wieder so in Gedanken vertieft wie meine Ideen in seamly umgesetzt und gearbeitet werden können, dass ich die kleinen Schritte nicht speichere. Dann kommt ein Error und man bekommt einen Wutanfall :hot_face:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, I understand fully. It happens to me often. But you’re always very welcome.

xxx

1 Like

mal schauen was @Douglas sagt. Wahrscheinlich ist jedoch, dass meine Gedanken und mein Handeln das Programm überfordert haben, weil ich Zuviel wollte…

The software should be able to handle anything, so I’m sure that @Douglas would like to know about the error.

1 Like

I can follow the forumns on my phone… I just can’t use the phone to push branches to Github to make changes. I grabbed the pattern and error message.

3 Likes

Well, hopefully my internet issues are resolved. I called to have a repair tech come out… which was to be friday. I was cleaning my deck off today, and noticed that the Cable line had a coax connector in it. Don’t know why I never noticed it before… but years ago we had an ice storm that took out the phone & cable lines… so they strung a new line from the pole to the house. Well, I figured I’d drag the modem & router outside and hookup bypassing the “old” cable going down through the deck & into the house. Lo and Behold. Internet! Yea. So right now I’m hooked up with a coax cable I had going through the sliding door with the modem & router on the kitchen table. Tomorrow… provided I don’t see any glitches, I’ll call to cancel the tech & run the cable through the wall. I’m assuming too, that I should no longer have issues with Zoom meetings, and my Roku TV should stream without dropping out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok… just merged the fix to revert some of the unesessary logging warning()'s. Should be in the next release sunday night.

Or you can try the pre-release:

2 Likes

Würde es helfen, wenn ich beschreibe was ich machen wollte?

1 Like

If I read all the topics lately, I’d say that you are making a Super-Master pattern, with all the different types of sleeves, etc. which all get put into groups and the pattern pieces are all created so that you can choose the type of bodice, sleeve, collar, skirt/trouser, etc. for a certain garment. And I do know that computers are much cleverer than I am, but just thinking about fills up my RAM and sends a series of critical errors to my personal harddrive. :rofl:

I would still have my Master pattern kept safe and sound somewhere and then I’d use it to create a Raglan Master, Wide Neck with Collar Master, etc. etc.which will describe the main style that will allow me to edit the rest of the garment, while the parts that fit together (like sleeves, collars, waists) will correspond.

2 Likes

This is to confirm that the error in the OP is not occurring for me with this build.

:unicorn:

2 Likes