Wierd issue here on forum pages

Hi all,

I have a question to the group:

On these forum pages, displayed on my Win10 x64 (latest updates), running Firefox browser, I have the effect that, when scrolling through a thread / topic, the page always jumps back to the top of the page. This is seemingly without ‘User-Input’ or action.

While I can prevent this by grabbing the vertical scroll control with my mouse, this is very tiresome, especially when the topic is very long. Does anyone have any ides?

I realise that this could be ‘local’ to my situation here, but I would like to hear from anyone who might have comments / opinions.

Thanks,

David D.

1 Like

I also use Win10 x64, with all the latest updates, however, I use the Google Chrome browser, and I’ve never experienced that. Try clicking the mouse wheel, then you can control the scrolling by moving the mouse until you reach a point where you don’t want to scroll anymore, then click it again to stop the scrolling action.

2 Likes

Great tip,

that will do the trick, thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve used Win 8, Win 10, and Win 11 with either Chrome and Edge and do not experience that behavior. 99% of the time I’ll scroll with the mouse wheel. I find scrollbars annoying. In fact it’s one of the reasons I added the option in Seamly to turn them off in the main workspace I don’t use them and would rather have a larger work area.

1 Like

Hi @Douglas I agree with your assessment of ‘Scroll bars’ (Vertical & Horizontal) and I rarly use them explicitly. However my ‘issue’ occurs when scrolling with the mouse wheel. The page jumps abruptly to the top and I have to try to get back to the original place to continue reading. On releasing the Mouse wheel and after 1 or two seconds, the page goes to the top again. @Grace gave me the tip (as above and that does work for me.

1 Like

Ah… OK. Yes… if you click the mouse wheel it will go into auto scroll. Your cursor will change when it’s in autoscroll. Click the wheel button and it will turn off.

1 Like