Wiki 'error' in tutorial procedure?

Hello Guys & Gals,

I’m not 100% sure that there is an issue on the tutorial page @ https://wiki.seamly.io/wiki/UserManual:StartToFinish but having followed the instruction (to the letter!) I reached the instruction :

Point - Intersect XY

• Point: A15, A16 ⇒ A17

Having done this I referenced the graphic @ File:Seamly2D Tutorial 24.png - Seamly

and instead of the point A17 appearing to the left of A15 @ 0°, my created point overlapped A14 (bottom left)

Could any please verify this, or have I seriously blundered here?

Thanks & best regards,

David D.

PS I think the instruction should read : "Point - Intersect XY

• Point: A16, A15 ⇒ A17"
1 Like

@JCDesign

A bit hard to read the points in the pic as the point names could use some cleaning up by repostitioning them. Nice job on the tutorial though. :slight_smile:

I would concur.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. I’ll update the wiki page. It’s still work in progress

3 Likes

Hi @Douglas & @JCDesign ,

I decided to carry on in the tutorial and several lines further, I found:this:

Point - Intersect XY

• Point: A18, A22 ⇒ A22

Just as an ‘Aside’, I would like to make the observation tthat; it would be of enormous benefit to, @ least, N00bs such as myself, have the reasons for the placement of the ‘Points’ in the pattern. With that, I mean why a particular Point is to be set and what the reasoning is for using a particular dimension - this is especially of use for calculated dimensions, such as Crotch extensions Front & Back.

I appreciate that this may exceed the intended WiKi limits for the tutorial, but something of this nature, including links to information explaining these design and drafting techniques and practices would be of great help to those with less practical drafting and design experience.

This may also be something that @Grace might also be of help here?

Brgds, David D.

PS: I will be continuing with the tutorial and, should I trip over other anomalies, I will report back ‘here’.

1 Like

LOL, I replied on the other thread.

HI @Grace ,

which one do you mean :thinking:, I don’t see any other postings from you :blush: